From depths of 20m to 100m, Tajimi connectors are designed to perform.
Tajimi Underwater & Subsea Connectors
TAJIMI R04 CONNECTORS | WATERPROOF/SUBMERSIBLE TO 20m
The R04 series of connectors from Tajimi are built to be space-efficient with a tight waterproofing mechanism that allows this range to be used at a depth of 20 metres. This model is therefore ideal for applications where the connectors is required to withstand exposure to extreme weather or high humidity either inside or outside. The R04 series is also available for a hermetically sealed receptacle. The combination of compact dimensions and excellent water-proofing make this series ideally suited for a wide variety of applications where humidity is an environmental factor.
- Circular connectors designed for the harshest conditions
- Nickel-plated Brass and Zinc-alloy shells
- Waterproof to 20 metres (200kPa)
- Inline style connectors feature a cable gland seal
- Operational from -25°C to +85°C at 85% humidity
- Two to 12-way versions are available
- The 2, 3, 6 and 12 contact options are rated at 300V RMS, the 5 contact at 150V RMS and the 8 contact at 200 V RMS
- Caps are available and offer IP68 protection when installed
Datasheet: Tajimi R04 (0.4Mb)
TAJIMI R14 CONNECTORS | WATERPROOF/SUBMERSIBLE TO 100m
The R14 series of connectors from Tajimi offers extreme waterproofing allowing them to be specified at depths of up to 100 metres. The housing assembly is machined from stainless-steel making this range ideal to use under water.
- Designed for extremely harsh environments
- Waterproof to a depth of 100 metres
- Stainless-steel shells
- Inline style connectors include a cable gland seal
- Operational in a wide range of temperatures (-25°C to +85°C)
- 2- to 7-way versions are available
- Provide IP68 protection when sealed with optional caps
Datasheet: Tajimi R14 (0.3Mb)
TAJIMI TC1108 CONNECTORS | WATERPROOF/SUBMERSIBLE TO 30m
The TC1108 series of connectors from Tajimi are built to be space-efficient with a tight waterproofing mechanism that allows this range to be used at a depth of 30 metres. This model is therefore ideal for applications where the connectors is required to withstand exposure to extreme weather or high humidity either inside or outside. The TC1108 series is also available for a hermetically sealed receptacle. The combination of compact dimensions and excellent water-proofing make this series ideally suited for a wide variety of applications where humidity is an environmental factor.
- Economical solution that is also highly reliable
- Circular connectors designed for the harshest conditions
- Nickel-Plated Brass Shells
- Waterproof to a depth of 30 metres
- Cable gland seal on rear of inline types
- Designed to operate in temperatures ranging from -25°C to +85°C
- 2- to 37-way versions are available
- Caps are available to provide IP68 protection to both plugs and receptacles when installed
- Hermetically sealed version of the receptacle is also available
- Their size and the waterproofing mechanism make them suitable for a wide variety of equipment operating in high humidity areas
Datasheet: Tajimi TC1108 (0.9Mb)
TAJIMI BNCW IP65/IP67 WATERPROOF COAXIAL CONNECTORS
The BNCW series of connectors produced by Tajimi have a waterproof mechanism that is also compatible with the company's range of BNC receptacles.
- When mated with BNC receptacles they meet IP65 and IP67 environmental protection rating
- Connector-Tech ALS recommends they be used with a bulkhead-mount receptacle with a waterproof panel attachment
- Matching boots are also available from Tajimi in a range of nine colours making them easily identifiable
Datasheet: Tajimi BNCW (1.0Mb)
Request a quote on any of our Tajimi products.
When ordering a connector it is not always as simple matter of determining between 'male' and 'female' because this can refer to both the housing gender and the contact gender. Many manufacturers offer a given housing gender with both pin and socket. A common example of such confusion occurs in the Deutsch Industrial DT range, where the plug (or male connector) actually contains socket (or female) contacts. For this reason please specify both the contact and housing gender at the time of order.
The IP Rating of a connector or accessory relates to the degree of ingress protection provided by that component. The first digit of the code relates to the degree of protection against access to hazardous parts (conductors etc) and against solid foreign objects. The second digit refers to the degree of protection against the ingress of water. For two examples of this system, consider the most commonly seen IP ratings in our products: IP44 and IP67. IP44 4: Protection from solid objects ≤1mm | 4: Protection against splashing water IP67 6: Protection from dust-sized objects | 7: Protection against immersion in water at depth of 1m for 30mins A complete guide to all IP Ratings is available here.
These terms are used by Phase 3 and ITT Veam on their high-current connectors.The source is considered the half of the connection from which the power is sourced; or the half supplying the electrical power. In an emergency power application, the generator is the source and would be fitted with Panel Source (panel-mount) connectors, a Panel Source Powersafe Box, or Line Source (inline) connectors on pigtails. The drain is the half of the connection which drains the power from the source. In the same emergency power application described above, the network receiving the emergency power supply is the drain and would be fitted with Line Drain connectors, Panel Drain connectors or a Panel Drain Powersafe Box.
We commonly deal with both American Wire Gauge (AWG) and square millimetre (mm2) dimensions as the units used by manufacturers can vary. To convert between measurements please refer this conversion chart.