Aptiv (Delphi) Connector Overview
Aptiv (formerly Delphi) employs leading edge manufacturing technologies and a comprehensive range of design services to produce high performance, cost-effective connection systems available either off-the-shelf or custom designed.
With an extended product range, Metri-Pack Connection Systems offer significant design and application versatility. Metri-Packs feature Terminal Position Assurance (TPA), Connector Position Assurance (CPA), serrated crimps and triple-rib peripheral seals. In addition, these field-proven systems provide exceptional performance, confirmed over many years on global applications.
- Pass SAE J2030 Heavy-Duty Electrical Connector Standard (with silver interface platings)
- Extended product range offers significant design and application versatility
- Used in high current to low energy circuits for electrical versatility
- Strength and stability of terminals helps assure correct alignment
- Utilizes internationally standard male blade sizes for design flexibility
- Connector Position Assurance (CPA) and Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) for superior connection reliability
- Sealed version for excellent resistance to temperature, chemicals and abrasion
- Testing to SAEJ2030
Weather Pack terminals utilize a flex-pin and lap-lock design to alleviate the problem of stress relaxation. They also have dual-locking tangs which lock into the connector cavity and help prevent backing out. Terminal plugging requires no orientation and positive indexing prevents mis-mating of connectors. Because Weather Pack provides exceptional sealing performance, it is extensively used in tough applications including construction, off-road and farm equipment.
- Sealed system specifically designed to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals and fluids
- Pin and sleeve configuration to alleviate stress relaxation
- Secondary lock and Connector Position Assurance (CPA) for improved system design
- Dual-locking tangs on terminals help prevent backing out
- Terminal plugging requires no orientation
- Positive locking indexing prevents mis-mating of connectors
- Low energy, low voltage capability for vehicle electronics
Delphi's GT Connectors feature tangless terminals and offer one of the lowest connector engage forces in the industry. Designed for both 1.50 and 2.80 mm blade width applications, GT achieves electrical performance that meets USCAR standards. Delphi's GT Connectors were developed with global customer input at every design phase and have a small package size suited to fit the shrinking space requirements of today's vehicles.
- Tangless terminals for durable design
- Low engage force for improved reliability and ergonomics
- Pump-handle primary lock for lower engage and easy disassembly
- Secondary lock, Connector Position Assurance (CPA) and Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) capabilities for improved system design
- Mates to ISO, SAE blades for compatibility
- Conforms to USCAR design footprint for broad application flexibility
- Cam lever/mechanical assist for hand engage/disengage
- Optimized content packaging for electrical performance equal to less space efficient terminations
- Pre-staged male blade stabilizer for superior male blade protection
- Mixed terminal capability for design flexibility
- Protected seal interface for superior connection reliability
Request a quote on any of our Aptiv (Delphi) products.
When ordering a connector it is not always as simple matter of determining between 'male' and 'female' because this can refer to both the housing gender and the contact gender. Many manufacturers offer a given housing gender with both pin and socket. A common example of such confusion occurs in the Deutsch Industrial DT range, where the plug (or male connector) actually contains socket (or female) contacts. For this reason please specify both the contact and housing gender at the time of order.
The IP Rating of a connector or accessory relates to the degree of ingress protection provided by that component. The first digit of the code relates to the degree of protection against access to hazardous parts (conductors etc) and against solid foreign objects. The second digit refers to the degree of protection against the ingress of water. For two examples of this system, consider the most commonly seen IP ratings in our products: IP44 and IP67. IP44 4: Protection from solid objects ≤1mm | 4: Protection against splashing water IP67 6: Protection from dust-sized objects | 7: Protection against immersion in water at depth of 1m for 30mins A complete guide to all IP Ratings is available here.
These terms are used by Phase 3 and ITT Veam on their high-current connectors.The source is considered the half of the connection from which the power is sourced; or the half supplying the electrical power. In an emergency power application, the generator is the source and would be fitted with Panel Source (panel-mount) connectors, a Panel Source Powersafe Box, or Line Source (inline) connectors on pigtails. The drain is the half of the connection which drains the power from the source. In the same emergency power application described above, the network receiving the emergency power supply is the drain and would be fitted with Line Drain connectors, Panel Drain connectors or a Panel Drain Powersafe Box.
We commonly deal with both American Wire Gauge (AWG) and square millimetre (mm2) dimensions as the units used by manufacturers can vary. To convert between measurements please refer this conversion chart.