ITT Cannon APD Connectors
Cannon APD plugs have an extremely high IP rating of IP69K and their ability to withstand high shock and vibration, these tough plastic connectors are very popular in situations such as the transportation industry and the food and beverage industry.
- Rated at IP69K which means protection against a high-pressure jet-stream (1160 to 1450 psi) as well as making them totally protected against the ingress of dust
- Operating temperature range is -40°C to 140°. Capable of steam jet wash-downs, high liquid temperature (80°C) and close nozzle distances (100 mm to 150 mm) providing excellent engine steam cleaning protection
- They are designed to withstand high shock and vibration and are resistant to brake and transmission fluids along with oils, greases, salt, dirt and mud
- A three-point bayonet coupling system with an audible and tactile feedback ensures they are mated properly even in areas of low visibility or awkward position
- The Cannon APD series is available in single, dual, 3 or 4 contacts with a maximum current rating of 30A and 6 or 7 way with 16A contacts
- Colour coded versions, with unique polarization for each colour, are available to avoid miss-mating in areas where multiple connectors must be used
- The Cannon APD’s will maintain their integrity in the roughest environments
- Excellent for transportation applications such as braking systems, power distribution, battery links, Sensor applications, lighting and gear and power steering controls
- Perfect for the food and beverage processing industry where high pressure wash-downs at high temperatures are required
ITT Cannon APD Catalogue (1.8Mb)
Sorry, there are no products in this collection.
When ordering a connector it is not always as simple matter of determining between 'male' and 'female' because this can refer to both the housing gender and the contact gender. Many manufacturers offer a given housing gender with both pin and socket. A common example of such confusion occurs in the Deutsch Industrial DT range, where the plug (or male connector) actually contains socket (or female) contacts. For this reason please specify both the contact and housing gender at the time of order.
The IP Rating of a connector or accessory relates to the degree of ingress protection provided by that component. The first digit of the code relates to the degree of protection against access to hazardous parts (conductors etc) and against solid foreign objects. The second digit refers to the degree of protection against the ingress of water. For two examples of this system, consider the most commonly seen IP ratings in our products: IP44 and IP67. IP44 4: Protection from solid objects ≤1mm | 4: Protection against splashing water IP67 6: Protection from dust-sized objects | 7: Protection against immersion in water at depth of 1m for 30mins A complete guide to all IP Ratings is available here.
These terms are used by Phase 3 and ITT Veam on their high-current connectors.The source is considered the half of the connection from which the power is sourced; or the half supplying the electrical power. In an emergency power application, the generator is the source and would be fitted with Panel Source (panel-mount) connectors, a Panel Source Powersafe Box, or Line Source (inline) connectors on pigtails. The drain is the half of the connection which drains the power from the source. In the same emergency power application described above, the network receiving the emergency power supply is the drain and would be fitted with Line Drain connectors, Panel Drain connectors or a Panel Drain Powersafe Box.
We commonly deal with both American Wire Gauge (AWG) and square millimetre (mm2) dimensions as the units used by manufacturers can vary. To convert between measurements please refer this conversion chart.